Old 24-06-2003, 06:56 PM
Jim Lewis

Default [IBC] Vacation Tree Problem

Hello everyone,

I was away for a little more than a week. During that time I

had entrusted
my trees to a friend. I never thought that he was a bonsai

expert, and it
appears that my judgment was correct. Upon my return, my

serissa (i know, i
know) was dry. most of the leaves have shriveled up and dried

out. The
dirt was quite dry. I scratched the bark closer to the top of

the tree's
both trunks and it seems that it is still quite green. I guess

there is
hope.

I removed most of the dried up leaves, once that have no chance

of returning
to health. The half-wilted leaves, i left on the tree. I put

the tree in
the sink for about 20 minutes to completely soak the soil, and

put it back
in the window. I noticed that some of the wilted leaves are

returning to
normal this morning.

Is there another step I should take to nurse my baby back to

health? Should
I try a home made ICU with a plastic bag? Or should I leave it

alone?

You've probably done what's necessary. Whatever you do, while
most of the leaves are off of it (expect the remaining leaves to
fall also) do NOT overwater. Leafless trees have much less need
for water.

-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:
http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ --
+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++