Old 24-06-2003, 08:49 PM
roddy

Default Female Goldfish full of eggs

She will either lay the eggs, without the presence of males or absorb them;
probably the former. In short separation is unlikely to do the fish any
harm; looking at it logically if she is likely to suffer further spawning
damage you have done the right thing. Let her recuperate.
Worst case is she becomes egg bound; unlikely scenario.
Roddy

"Fishkeepinguk.co.uk" wrote in
message ...
The following was posted to www.fishkeepinguk.co.uk Can anyone help?

"I do not know if you are able to answer my query, if not, would it be
possible to put me in touch with someone who can help me.
I have had to separate one of my female goldfish due to severe breeding
damage, & worry that while she is now still full of eggs in a separate

tank,
will it do her any harm. Will she release the eggs naturally or does she
need to be put back into the pond to spawn"

?