Old 24-06-2003, 08:08 PM
Fishkeepinguk.co.uk

Default Female Goldfish full of eggs

The following was posted to www.fishkeepinguk.co.uk Can anyone help?

"I do not know if you are able to answer my query, if not, would it be
possible to put me in touch with someone who can help me.
I have had to separate one of my female goldfish due to severe breeding
damage, & worry that while she is now still full of eggs in a separate tank,
will it do her any harm. Will she release the eggs naturally or does she
need to be put back into the pond to spawn"

?

Old 24-06-2003, 08:49 PM
roddy

She will either lay the eggs, without the presence of males or absorb them;
probably the former. In short separation is unlikely to do the fish any
harm; looking at it logically if she is likely to suffer further spawning
damage you have done the right thing. Let her recuperate.
Worst case is she becomes egg bound; unlikely scenario.
Roddy

"Fishkeepinguk.co.uk" wrote in
message ...

Old 25-06-2003, 12:44 AM

she will either release them on her own or re-absorb them. the treatment for egg
bound female GF is the same as for dropsy.
http://users.megapathdsl.net/~solo/p...ame.htm#dropsy
EXCEPT... if you are just bringing her out of the pond you have to clean her up if
you are keeping her in a tank of some kind.
http://users.megapathdsl.net/~solo/p...m%20the%20pond
Ingrid

"Fishkeepinguk.co.uk" wrote:

The following was posted to www.fishkeepinguk.co.uk Can anyone help?

"I do not know if you are able to answer my query, if not, would it be
possible to put me in touch with someone who can help me.
I have had to separate one of my female goldfish due to severe breeding
damage, & worry that while she is now still full of eggs in a separate tank,
will it do her any harm. Will she release the eggs naturally or does she
need to be put back into the pond to spawn"

?

List Manager: Puregold Goldfish List
http://puregold.aquaria.net/
www.drsolo.com
endorsements or recommendations I make.
Old 25-06-2003, 12:44 AM

very common cause of death for female GF and koi is egg binding or infection of eggs.
being battered during spawning is another reason for death too. he is correct in
removing her and worrying about her condition. Ingrid

"Worst case is she becomes egg bound; unlikely scenario.

List Manager: Puregold Goldfish List
http://puregold.aquaria.net/
www.drsolo.com
endorsements or recommendations I make.

Peace for a female pond goldfish john hamilton[_2_] United Kingdom 6 11-07-2010 11:15 PM
Female Roufus Paddy's Pig[_3_] Garden Photos 0 31-03-2009 06:18 AM
Female Goldfish self spawn? ~ jan JJsPond.us Ponds 3 18-06-2003 07:44 AM
Goldfish eggs Heather Ponds 0 04-06-2003 04:44 AM
White Female Gets 20 Years Byker Gardening 4 15-02-2003 03:03 PM