Old 24-06-2003, 10:08 PM
Noydb

Default Victory Garden question

Glenna Rose wrote:

writes:

I've been very disappointed in Victory Gardens recently -
it's for the rich.

They said they were going to try to be more practical this
year, and have ideas that people can use in their home
gardens more, but I don't think they've succeeded notably
well at this.

I could use *lots* of their ideas in my home garden if I
were rich - granite stepping stones, for example! Heavens.
We can't even afford cinder blocks, much less granite.
100 foot perennial borders...I only wish I had the strength,
money, energy and ROOM for a 100 foot perennial border. Or
money to pay a gardener.

I often wonder, when I see shows with info like that, if their target
audience is even an audience. Somehow, it seems to me that those who can
afford to put in granite stepping stones, etc., are probably not sitting
around watching gardening shows. Ya think?

Glenna

\
Nope ... they are out buying new Birkenstocks to wear at the garden party to
follow.