Old 25-06-2003, 03:08 AM
wsallen

Default [IBC] Vacation Tree Problem

Dmitry Akselrod wrote in message ...
Hello everyone,

snip
I removed most of the dried up leaves, once that have no chance of

returning
to health. The half-wilted leaves, i left on the tree. I put the tree in
the sink for about 20 minutes to completely soak the soil, and put it back
in the window. I noticed that some of the wilted leaves are returning to
normal this morning.

Is there another step I should take to nurse my baby back to health?

Should
I try a home made ICU with a plastic bag? Or should I leave it alone? I
live in Philadelphia, and the temperature is currently 96 degrees with 100%
humidity. Should move the tree out of direct sunlight?

If some of the leaves are returning to normal don't do anything! *s* Perhaps
sacrifice a goat or something...

Is there a service that would take my trees and watch them next time I go

on
vacation? Unfortunately, my friends do not share my love for bonsai.

What about a local bonsai nursery, they may do stuff like this for a fee or
for free (mine does, bless, for 4 months for me once!).

Thanx in advance everyone,

Dmitry

PS. Does the IBC take donations? I didn't see anything on the site about
donations, just sponsorship. The people in this forum have saved my butt

so
many times now. I really owe everyone the health of trees (and other
plants).

See the, [IBC] Many Thanks, post from Reiner, just above your original post
for details.

Cheers,
Heidi Aussie

PS. Any pics of this Serissa to share on the gallery?