Old 25-06-2003, 09:44 AM
david

Default Concrete lawn edgeing

As the saying goes, it all depends ... If you want to mow "over" the edge,
it must be level with the grass or just lower; if there is a path on one
side, how high is the revealed edge? If very high (say 6" or more), you may
be best blocking the edging with mortar.
I use blocked concrete edging for path to lawn edges, or drive to raised
lawn, and plastic (green, snake effect) for flower bed to lawn. |The latter
has the advantage you can do as you say, dig a slot, and drop it in.
David

"Bob Hoath" wrote in message
Hi all

I want to put lawn edging in, and have seen suitable moulded 1/2 round
concrete edging (650mm*150mm) at the local DIY superstore. Is it simply a
case of digging a slot and dropping the blocks in, or is more work

required
to do the job properly. I know this is not plant related, but would
appreciate guidance.

TIA

BobH