Old 25-06-2003, 08:20 AM
Bob Hoath

Default Concrete lawn edgeing

Hi all

I want to put lawn edging in, and have seen suitable moulded 1/2 round
concrete edging (650mm*150mm) at the local DIY superstore. Is it simply a
case of digging a slot and dropping the blocks in, or is more work required
to do the job properly. I know this is not plant related, but would
appreciate guidance.

TIA

BobH

Old 25-06-2003, 09:44 AM
david

As the saying goes, it all depends ... If you want to mow "over" the edge,
it must be level with the grass or just lower; if there is a path on one
side, how high is the revealed edge? If very high (say 6" or more), you may
be best blocking the edging with mortar.
I use blocked concrete edging for path to lawn edges, or drive to raised
lawn, and plastic (green, snake effect) for flower bed to lawn. |The latter
has the advantage you can do as you say, dig a slot, and drop it in.
David

Old 25-06-2003, 11:44 AM
Paul Kelly

In ,
david typed:
As the saying goes, it all depends ... If you want to mow "over" the
edge, it must be level with the grass or just lower;

The edge should be just above SOIL level. that way the grass does not
overgrow the edge as quickly but the mowere will mow over.

pk

Concrete under lawn DaveJ86 Lawns 1 09-04-2011 04:47 PM
Replace Concrete with a Lawn In a WET area With Poor Drainage pookey United Kingdom 14 09-08-2006 01:12 PM
Concrete lawn edgeing Bob Hoath United Kingdom 5 04-07-2003 01:44 AM
lawn on concrete.. please advise cerealtrader Lawns 2 29-05-2003 11:44 PM
Lawn bordering concrete patio Mike Lawns 4 01-05-2003 02:44 AM