Old 25-06-2003, 12:44 PM
Luis Fontanills

Default [IBC] BT # 85, pots, and an U G L Y tree

In a message dated 6/21/2003 9:20:12 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
writes:
For you potters out there . . .

There are a number of exquisite pots pictured in BT #85. I'd
sell my third child (if I had one) for any one of them . .. BUT .
.. .

I find Mr. Ono's pot (page 14 bottom) to be *most* intriguing. I
like the simple lines, and I could see a pair of formal upright
mame/shohin Japanese white pines in those two containers.

I can imagine a three-container pot, too. Ah, the
possibilities.

If any of you potters out there think you could have a feeling
for something like that, lemme know.

Jim,
I am very pleased with all the recent BT pages given to bonsai pots; issue 84
had 'new trends in bonsai pots'.

The twin pot, Mr. Ono's, is very nice and interesting and I could see doing
something like this down the road.
The Takagi pot competition had one with 7 round pots connected -
http://www.bonsaimuseum.org/e/tenji_u5.html.

Luis Fontanills
Miami, Florida USA

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++