Old 25-06-2003, 01:44 PM
Jim Lewis

Default [IBC] Trident maple training question

.. I stop fertilizing last monday., clip the terminal buds
and I am planning to
cut leaves this week end..
as thetridents are wery wealthy and as I repotted them in

april is too
dangerous or NOT to defoliate now ?
I guess It is the last moment for doing it ..
Moreover here it is very very hot for the season but it is

forecasted rain for the
next week ..
your advice ?

You have a fairly short growing season. If they were MY trees,
and if I lived under the same climate, I would not defoliate in
the same year I repotted.

They _probably_ would survive the experiment, but I'd wonder how
strong they'd be come winter.

-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:
http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ --
+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++