Old 25-06-2003, 03:20 PM
Jim Lewis

Default [IBC] Ficus religiosa with hygiene problem

My Bo tree is indoors at my office, where it is doing
surprisingly
well. However, the leaves are coated with sticky beads. There

are
no aphids, scales or mealy bugs (the usual culprits when plants

get
sticky) and the stickiness is not restricted to the hydathodes
(marginal leaf pores), where you would see guttation if the

plant was
having trouble transpiring. So I have no idea what this is.

Has
anyone ever seen this in a Ficus?

Top or bottom? Or both sides?

(And maybe that's why it's called "religiosa"??????????) :=/

Jim Lewis - - Tallahassee, FL - "People,
when Columbus discovered this country, it was plum full of nuts
and berries. And I'm right here to tell you the berries are just
about all gone." -- Uncle Dave Macon, old-time musician

-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:
http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ --
+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++