Old 25-06-2003, 07:56 PM
solo_voyager

Default Pumice

I have been using a pumice/sphagnum based mix for most of my potted
orchids (mostly Den.'s) for 2 to 3 years now. I LIKE IT!!!

I only rinse after potting something up with the mix to compact the
mix around the roots and to remove the fine powder that clouds the
initial water run through the pot. The bagged pumice is usually damp
from the manufacturer's rinsing it prior to bagging it. It is not a
very thorough job. I suspect that my rinsing out the portion that
clouds the water serves no other purpose than asthetic.

"Wendy" wrote in message news:rr3Ka.111117$MJ5.42093@fed1read03...
Anybody out there use pumice in potting mix? Wondering if it has to be
rinsed?
Cheers Wendy