Old 25-06-2003, 09:08 PM
Mike Lyle

Default Concrete lawn edgeing

"Bob Hoath" wrote in message ...
Hi all

I want to put lawn edging in, and have seen suitable moulded 1/2 round
concrete edging (650mm*150mm) at the local DIY superstore. Is it simply a
case of digging a slot and dropping the blocks in, or is more work required
to do the job properly. I know this is not plant related, but would
appreciate guidance.

If you can get some old bricks, consider using them instead: you may
find they look more natural with plants, and they may even be free
(mine were!) I laid them on the flat not on edge, frog down, a bit
lower than the grass. Half-bricks mixed in are fine, and help make
nice curves. Mine aren't all the same colour, and not even all exactly
the same size; once they're in the variation is quite subtle, and for
me just adds to the mature-looking effect. They certainly improve the
look of my rather horrid crushed-limestone paths (I've never been able
to afford a top layer of gravel).

Mike.