Old 25-06-2003, 10:56 PM
Muriel Soule

Default Listless fish

My fish have become quite listless lately and I'm wondering if this a sign
of trouble or of no concern? I have a 4x6 pond (about 250 gal.) with a
small waterfall. The fish are gold fish, koi, comets and shibunken (sp?),
eleven small fish and 3 crayfish all together. Lately I've seen them
huddled together and almost motionless. If I disturb them they take off and
seem to be active again but only for a short while. I think the water
quality is good and the algea build up is minimal. Plants include
cattails, bull rush, hyacynth(sp?), water iris, and lillies. This is the
third year for this pond and most of these fish as well.

Any advise you can give would be appreciated, Thanks

frank