Old 25-06-2003, 10:56 PM
Muriel Soule

Default Listless fish

My fish have become quite listless lately and I'm wondering if this a sign
of trouble or of no concern? I have a 4x6 pond (about 250 gal.) with a
small waterfall. The fish are gold fish, koi, comets and shibunken (sp?),
eleven small fish and 3 crayfish all together. Lately I've seen them
huddled together and almost motionless. If I disturb them they take off and
seem to be active again but only for a short while. I think the water
quality is good and the algea build up is minimal. Plants include
cattails, bull rush, hyacynth(sp?), water iris, and lillies. This is the
third year for this pond and most of these fish as well.

Any advise you can give would be appreciated, Thanks

frank

Old 26-06-2003, 03:32 AM

sounds like there is something wrong with the water. start doing water changes, add
0.9 lbs salt per 100 gallons of water but start by getting test kits including pH and
nitrates. Ingrid

"Muriel Soule" wrote:

My fish have become quite listless lately and I'm wondering if this a sign
of trouble or of no concern? I have a 4x6 pond (about 250 gal.) with a
small waterfall. The fish are gold fish, koi, comets and shibunken (sp?),
eleven small fish and 3 crayfish all together. Lately I've seen them
huddled together and almost motionless. If I disturb them they take off and
seem to be active again but only for a short while. I think the water
quality is good and the algea build up is minimal. Plants include
cattails, bull rush, hyacynth(sp?), water iris, and lillies. This is the
third year for this pond and most of these fish as well.

Any advise you can give would be appreciated, Thanks

frank

List Manager: Puregold Goldfish List
http://puregold.aquaria.net/
www.drsolo.com
endorsements or recommendations I make.
Old 26-06-2003, 03:45 AM
~ Windsong ~

In the last chapter: Muriel Soule picked up the keyboard and pecked
out:
:: My fish have become quite listless lately and I'm wondering if
:: this a sign of trouble or of no concern? I have a 4x6 pond (about
:: 250 gal.) with a small waterfall. The fish are gold fish, koi,
:: comets and shibunken (sp?), eleven small fish and 3 crayfish all
:: together.
These little ponds are too small to house more than a few fish. Two koi or
about 8 goldfish would be better. Crayfish are known to disturb fish during
the night when they need to rest/sleep, or whatever state they go into in
the dark. May I suggest you remove some of the fish and the crayfish for
sure.
--
*.·´¨¨))