Old 25-06-2003, 10:56 PM
ned

Default Concrete lawn edgeing

david wrote:

snip
I use ..........
plastic (green, snake effect) for flower bed to
lawn. |The latter has the advantage you can do as you say, dig a
slot, and drop it in.

How I hate the plastic edging! I've had it in two gardens - one I
installed (yes, its easy to install) and one I inherited.
When it ages it goes brittle and is susceptible to cracking and
splitting which leaves razor sharp edges just waiting to slice weeding
fingers.

I much prefer brick edging for curves and concrete edging for straight
runs (neither of which should need foundations if they do not see a
lot of 'traffic' - and if it does sink, its easy enough to pack it up
again).

--
ned