Old 26-06-2003, 03:22 AM
Pat Brothers

Default Dwarf lantana

Miss Huff is hardy in our area but is far from dwarf. last year mine
measured 7 feet tall by 12 feet wide by the end of the season. Granny's
back yard is also hardy, although this past winter almost killed mine.
Athens Rose and Grandpa's Pumpkin patch are both billed as hardy.
Messenbrinks had a pink flowering variegated one that was billed as Zone
7. The folks who had it outside last winter lost it. I do not find this
conclusive. In general the big shrub forms seem to be more hardy then
the small spreading ones. It is a splendid plant and worth experimenting
with.

Margaret Lillard wrote:

This weekend, at the Farmers Market, I picked up some very pretty dwarf
lantana that was promoted to me as a perennial. I thought lantana was
considered an annual in zone 7; anybody familiar with a dwarf variety and
whether it can winter over, or whether lantana in general can be
encouraged to survive the winter?

Thanks

Margaret

Pat Brothers