Old 26-06-2003, 06:44 AM
John DeBoo

Default Composting and neighbors

LoneEarth wrote:
snip
My question is this: do I have a right to compost yard waste? I live
in a city with small but not tiny lots and the bins built from wood
from a very large tree we had removed are in the back of the yard
screened with lattice and various vines. I'm sure that the city has
some kind of an ordinance covering disposal of yard waste as it seems
to have an ordinance covering everything,

I live in Albuquerque where composting is encouraged by the city.
They don't provide any composting bins but do provide info on making
them etc and methods of composting. Suggest you contact your Solid
Waste/garbage dept and ask them. If they don't know, try your
Environmental Health dept.