Old 26-06-2003, 06:44 AM
Jan Flora

Default Composting and neighbors

In article ,
(LoneEarth) wrote:

Despite futile attempts to educate my neighbors they persist in
remaining stubbornly ignorant about composting and insist that my
compost bins, which are screened and tidy, will surely cause a
horrible stench (though they have not in the past 3 years) and result
in their back yards becoming unusable. Nothing anyone says will ever
convince them otherwise because they know what they think they know
and that is that.

Tell them to get phucked and to stay out of your business and your yard.
(They're probably just jealous, because you have a nice garden. JMO.)
Don't waste your breath trying to change their minds; you can't do it.

My question is this: do I have a right to compost yard waste? I live

[...]

Yes, you do. Just keep your compost cooking, so it never stinks and
grow the most awesome garden you can, just because it'll tick them
off even more. (Giving busy-bodies the vapors is *so* much fun. *g*)

We have summer neighbors here who keep demanding that I tell a friend
of mine to: move his horse trailer; cut down his dead trees; clean up his
horse manure; fertilize his pasture so it'll get *real* green; etc. My bud
bought the 15 acres below their measly one acre and it's in "their" view shed.
I told the jerks that if they wanted to control the view, they should have
bought that land. They get really indignant when I say that. *smile*

Jan