Old 26-06-2003, 12:20 PM
Pat Kiewicz

Default Snow Peas Planting Question ???

Joanne said:

I missed my chance to plant snow peas this spring, can I plant them
late in the summer for early fall harvesting? Is there a second
opportunity or is the timing all backwards?

I had read that fall plantings were not particularly successful in my area
(Michigan) and the one time I tried it (years ago) the results were disappointing.

It's too hot in the day and too damp at night when starting the peas (they tend to
mildew) and the days are just too short later on (so they grow very slowly).
--
Pat in Plymouth MI

(attributed to Don Marti)