Old 26-06-2003, 12:44 PM
Pat Kiewicz

Default Please ID These Wildflowers

Denny said:

These (and many other) wildflowers grow around my summer place in
Eastern Ontario, Canada during the month of June. Could someone please
let me know what they are.

Images at:

http://home.ca.inter.net/~deniswb/wildflower1.jpg

Look like the flowers have four petals. Dame's Rocket (Hesperis matronalis)
Alien
(Phlox, which another poster mentioned, has five petals.)

http://home.ca.inter.net/~deniswb/wildflower2.jpg

Herb Robert (Geranium robertium)
Alien

http://home.ca.inter.net/~deniswb/wildflower3.jpg

Penstemon, I think. Maybe hairy beardtongue (Penstemon hirsutis)
Native wildflower

http://home.ca.inter.net/~deniswb/wildflower4.jpg

The leaves are low rosette? Some sort of hawkweed (Heiracium).
Alien
Possibilities include smooth hawkweed and king devil

http://home.ca.inter.net/~deniswb/wildflower5.jpg

I think this is heal-all (Prunella vulgaris).
Alien

--
Pat in Plymouth MI

(attributed to Don Marti)