Old 26-06-2003, 02:08 PM
Nina Shishkoff

Default [IBC] Those Bonsai Magazines

Maybe I am reading the wrong magazines.

I share your feelings, Iris, although I don't think you could sell
magazines by exclusively showing mediocre nursery stock transformed
into transplant-shocked wired-up mummies. But.....

That's what clubs are for! I learn absolutely nothing from
photo-spreads of gigantic collected trees turned into gigantic carved
museum pieces. But I learn a tremendous amount from seeing the bonsai
of friends develop over a period of years. I see what they did,
compared to what I did with a similar tree (which might have
collected on the same trip or at the same nursery). Also, friends
are great for studying your tree and making cryptic comments like
"Oh. I see you removed *that* branch. Hmmm. Interesting choice."
--
Nina Shishkoff

Frederick, MD

-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ: