Old 05-03-2003, 11:15 PM
CLSC

Default [IBC] Bougainvillea advice

Hi everyone,
I have 2 bougainvilleas, they are 2yrs. old growing in regular flower
pots. I was told by someone who is knowledgeable with bonsai that I
should leave them alone for another year or two.
Now, the problem, over the crazy winter they have become very root
bound. I know in the spring I will have to root prune them. Should I put
them back in the same growing pot they are in now, go to a little larger
pot or what? They both have about 1/2 in. trunk now.
I hope this makes sense and doesn't sound too dumb.
Thanks to all of you,
Cathy
Catherine Spence Calley - - (MO. zone 6/7)

-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:
http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ --
+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++