Old 26-06-2003, 03:32 PM
dave weil

Default Problems in the garden

On Thu, 26 Jun 2003 14:18:07 GMT, (Shiva) wrote:

On Thu, 26 Jun 2003 08:32:25 -0500, dave weil
wrote:

I don't know if it's coincidence, but I've noticed discoloration
problems since I've been spraying with NEEM.

Neem oil doesn't work and it makes your roses a mess. Theo is
right--it burns. Why aren't you using an effective systemic like
Orthenex? The bs you have will defoliate and weaken your roses and it
does indeed encourage canker. I have maybe 5-10 JBs a year, and see
them staggering around on the ground after a few bites.

I've never had much success with Orthonex when it comes to JB. They
seem immune to it.

I had read that Neem acted as a repellent. I can state categorically
that it doesn't work, at least while infestation is occuring.

Guess I'll go back to Orthonex. I had been spraying pretty faithfully
in March and April. May was more difficult, but I got at least a
couple of good sprayings in.

My roses suck right now because I have not had a dry enough period or
time to spray them since mid-May, but they surely do not look as bad
as yours. Except the ones that are totally naked.

Yeah, that brusing really worries me (I'm less concerned about the
yellowing leaves on Felicia - leaves can be replaced).