Old 26-06-2003, 03:56 PM
Rich McCormack

Default slightly OT -- wine recipies

"Dave Allyn (Dave Allyn)" wrote:

An old friend of mine (my father's really) used to make homemade wine
all the time in the basement. He had several large wine casks he
used, and lots of people actually were after his wine alot. he never
sold it, just gave it away. He has since died. My question is this:
How do you make wine? I know there are kits out there, and I have
looked at them, but they all seem to have a powder you add to the mix,
and you have to keep ordering the powder from them. does anyone have
a good recipe?

another friend of mine always said you could make wine out of almost
any fruit, and he used apples, peaches, pears, whatever he could find.

I know this is OT, but I didn't really want to have another NG to
keep up on, and hoped you guys might be able to help out....

thanks again...

Use the following link to visit my beer and cider making page.
On the page, I've reduced the process down to about as basic
as it can get. The only hardware required is a gallon jug,
stopper to fit the jug and a length of plastic tubing. Most
any fruit juice can be substituted for the apple juice. I've
gotten acceptable results using canned frozen concord grape
juice. Granted, I wouldn't pour it to accompany a fine filet
mignon for dinner, but it works great mixed with lots of ice
and lemon-lime soda for making wine coolers to quench the
thirst on hot summertime afternoons.

http://home.pacbell.net/macknet/beerpage.html

--
"The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those
who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders

Rich McCormack (Poway, CA)

Who is Rich McCormack? Find out at...
http://home.pacbell.net/macknet/