Old 26-06-2003, 04:44 PM
K Barrett

Default Colmanara Wildcat

Ditto. You have new growths, and an inflorescence coming. I wouldn't change
a thing. Its been my experience that back bulbs will shrivel when they lose
roots. Since they've already bloomed these back bulb's main 'purpose' (if
you want to think of it that way) is to provide storage for the developing
front bulbs. In a perfect world the back bulbs wouldn't lose roots, but,
hey. I'd say you were doing great as you are.

K Barrett

"Gene Schurg" wrote in message
thlink.net...

Sheep,

My experience is that Col. Wildcat backbulbs then to shrivel more than

other
oncidium types. As long as you are getting new healthy looking growth

don't
change your current watering schedule.

Properly grown these things grow like weeds and bloom reliably on the

newly
mature psedobulbs. The older backbulbs on mine tend to look a bit ratty
with the long leaves flopping around. The bulbs are wrinkled and very

dark
green.

Good growing,
Gene