Old 26-06-2003, 06:44 PM
bnd777

Default Weird Soil

Its not weird soil its the effect of Leylandi

They excude a resin which blocks water going into the soil
They destroy the soil structure
The worms all do a runner
Its precisely why so many victims on the other side of neighbours Leylandi
hedges are begging this government for action
Leylandi in this situation should be banned

"Janice" wrote in message
I have this really weird soil that just won't take up any water. I water
the soil for ages and ages, but if I immediately dig into the soil no

water
has soaked down, not even a quarter of an inch. It's just bone dry dust
underneath. Where the water is going is a complete mystery (maybe there
really is a third dimension).

The border has dreaded leylandii in it, which I know soak up water, but

the
water isn't penetrating even a half inch. It's almost like the soil has a
waterproof layer on it.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Many thanks.