Old 26-06-2003, 07:20 PM
David Larson

Default The one that got away

Zookeeper wrote:

I swear that's the same Heron that's been flying over my neighborhood ...
if I can get a positive ID next time he comes around I'll call the
police ...

Good idea! I know (hope?) you're joking. Only thing the police /
wildlife police would do is tell you not to keep "food" fish available
for that blue / green / great white heron, kingfisher, etc.

There are so many birds around, especially in all the Delta ponds
created from years of mining gravel near the rivers. We also have hawks
and eagles on Willagillespie Butte, although I've never seen them closer
to the ground then around the tops of the fir and oak trees. Next
planned pond-related purchase: scarecrow sprinkler or other
motion-activated water device.

Hey, remember when we spoke on the phone about using X-10 modules to keep herons away? Well take a
look at this!

http://www.x10.com/news/articles/051403.htm

- David