Old 26-06-2003, 08:08 PM
Zizz

Default Summer Sun, Winter Shade

"Janice" wrote in message
I want to plant an area of my garden that has reasonable sun in summer,

but
is completely in shade all winter.

I have some extra perennials from dividing and cuttings, but they're
generally considered sun-loving (achillea, campanula, phlox, aster).

The perennials are dormant in winter when they'll be completely in shade,
but they'll get sun in summer when they're growing. So, will they get the
sun that they need to grow well or do they have to be in sun the whole

year?

Thanks,

I have exactly the same problem .. the back garden is in shade all winter
and has sun in the summer and grow all four plants you've mentioned with no
problems.