Old 26-06-2003, 08:32 PM
Cass

Default Problems in the garden

In article , dave weil
wrote:

Felicia:

http://mywebpages.comcast.net/ddweil2/Problems1.jpg

Could this be overfertilization maybe?

Look like a lot of blind growth dying off to me. Doesn't look serious.
I bet all the yellowing stuff just falls off with a sharp spray of the
hose.

http://mywebpages.comcast.net/ddweil2/Problems2.jpg

This is the purple brusing that you'll see later on Old Blush. This is
my newly planted Don Juan in front of the porch.

I'm not sure this is the same thing as what is on the Don Juan cane,
tho it looks the same as Aloha's problem.

http://mywebpages.comcast.net/ddweil2/Problems3.jpg

Same here, only on Aloha, which is also suffering from blackspot as
usual.

http://mywebpages.comcast.net/ddweil2/Problems4.jpg

This is the most worrisome. This is a new cane from Old Blush. Most of
the new canes have this "bruising".

I have leopard-spotting on the canes of one rose, a huge climber, and I
think it's going to kill it eventually. I can't tell if your rose has
the same thing. Mine suffers stem dieback too, turning yellow first
instead of the customary black. Fungicide has not helped. I thought it
was sunburn because it usually appears on one side of the cane, but it
gets on canes with no sun exposure at all.

http://mywebpages.comcast.net/ddweil2/Problems5.jpg

And, just for giggles, here is what the beetles are doing to my
Felicia panticles.

Then again, not *everything* is a problem:

http://mywebpages.comcast.net/ddweil2/NotAProblem.jpg

The glads are poppin'

http://mywebpages.comcast.net/ddweil2/NotAProblem2.jpg

And so is Don Juan, this planting fortunately not exhibiting any
unusual spotting or discoloration.

Thank god for a few good blooms.