Old 26-06-2003, 09:32 PM
Art Norman

Default Yellow wax beans

I get a big spaghetti sized pot of water boiling, put a large handful of
beans in a handled collander and dip it in the boiling water for about 20
seconds then throw them in the sink to cool. When cool, I fill freezer bags
squeezing out the air before sealing.
Art Norman
N2ERI
wrote in message
On Thu, 26 Jun 2003 02:15:41 GMT, wrote:

On Wed, 25 Jun 2003 14:28:27 -0700, Larry Blanchard
wrote:

In article ,
says...

Breakfast: Yellow wax beans

Lunch: Yellow wax beans

Dinner: Yellow wax beans

(pant, pant...can't keep up. Note to self:
Next year, do at least 4 staggered plantings; two is not enough)

Or plant a pole variety like Marvel of Venice. Plant it once and it
bears all season if you keep it picked. When you get tired of
eating/canning/freezing wax beans just quit picking :-).

Freezing! Damn, I never thought of that.

How do I freeze Y.W.B.s? Straight question; I've never
frozen fresh veggies from garden. Rush answer:
I'm about to do a major picking.

Thanks!

Could I piggy-back on P's question? I also have a lot of Yellow Wax
Beans and don't want to waste them, and have never frozen fresh
vegetables, whether from garden or from market. How?

I consulted "Joy of Cooking" about blanching, etc.

Not clear on whether blanched Yellow Wax Beans, after being thoroughly
dried, can be put directly into, e.g. Hefty locking freezer bags.

Would much appreciate prompt reply, or referrrals elsewhere.

--

Polar