Old 26-06-2003, 10:44 PM
Daniel Hanna

Default Problems in the garden

In dave weil wrote:
Felicia:

http://mywebpages.comcast.net/ddweil2/Problems1.jpg

Could this be overfertilization maybe?

It looks like a developing black spot mess to me - combined with either
over-watering or poor drainage. I doubt it's overfeeding.

As for the Neem oil, I agree it can burn. It's better when you spray
out of direct sunlight, eg. late afternoon. I use so-called 'Pest Oil'
which is a non-burning, advanced form of white oil that specifically
doesn't burn rose foliage.

Dave, try a milk spray. 1 part whole milk to 6 parts water. It has
enough fat content to coat and gloss the leaves (i.e. do what your oil
spray does), plus a bunch of proteins that turn nice and toxic to fungal
diseases.

Whether it works on Japanese beetles, who knows - they may not like the
taste. Give it a try - at the very least your blackspot will go.