Old 26-06-2003, 11:20 PM
april

Default Help please

What kind of fish (parent)?
you may want to place back in pond, but seperate from the rest of other fish
(put them in the net with small net hole) so other fish won't eat them.
They will eat algae and small float food.

april

"joe" wrote in message
Pauline Smith wrote:

We pulled out some weed from out pond and realised it was full of eggs,
so we placed it in a bucket.

We now have a bucket full of tiny, tiny fish, only about 0.5 cms long.
Please help, are they likely to survive? They have been in the bucket
for almost a week now, but do we have to feed them (if so on what?), and
how do we prevent the water from going stagnant?

Hope somebody can assist us.

If it was me (you might want to wait for more experienced assistance), I
would put them back in the pond. If you had an area where there weren't
other fish, like a veggie filter, you might have a higher survival ratio.
These fish will want to be eating very small pieces of algae, available in
abundance in the pond.

Joe