Old 26-06-2003, 10:20 PM
Pauline Smith

Default Help please

We pulled out some weed from out pond and realised it was full of eggs,
so we placed it in a bucket.

We now have a bucket full of tiny, tiny fish, only about 0.5 cms long.
Please help, are they likely to survive? They have been in the bucket
for almost a week now, but do we have to feed them (if so on what?), and
how do we prevent the water from going stagnant?

Hope somebody can assist us.

--
Pauline S

Old 26-06-2003, 10:32 PM
joe

Pauline Smith wrote:

We pulled out some weed from out pond and realised it was full of eggs,
so we placed it in a bucket.

We now have a bucket full of tiny, tiny fish, only about 0.5 cms long.
Please help, are they likely to survive? They have been in the bucket
for almost a week now, but do we have to feed them (if so on what?), and
how do we prevent the water from going stagnant?

Hope somebody can assist us.

If it was me (you might want to wait for more experienced assistance), I
would put them back in the pond. If you had an area where there weren't
other fish, like a veggie filter, you might have a higher survival ratio.
These fish will want to be eating very small pieces of algae, available in
abundance in the pond.

Joe

Old 26-06-2003, 11:20 PM
april

What kind of fish (parent)?
you may want to place back in pond, but seperate from the rest of other fish
(put them in the net with small net hole) so other fish won't eat them.
They will eat algae and small float food.

april

Old 26-06-2003, 11:44 PM
jammer

On Thu, 26 Jun 2003 22:10:23 +0100, Pauline Smith
wrote:

We pulled out some weed from out pond and realised it was full of eggs,
so we placed it in a bucket.

We now have a bucket full of tiny, tiny fish, only about 0.5 cms long.
Please help, are they likely to survive? They have been in the bucket
for almost a week now, but do we have to feed them (if so on what?), and
how do we prevent the water from going stagnant?

Hope somebody can assist us.

--
Pauline S

I would put them back in the pond. I killed things this year pulling
them out of the pond. If you really really want all those fish having
babies of thier own, set up an aquarium until they are too big to eat
by your other fish. I wish my goldfish would have eaten a few more
babies than they did, because now i have to do something about them.
It is rough trying to keep a pond from beoming overstocked!

Good luck and i am not an experienced ponder.
Old 27-06-2003, 02:32 AM
~* Windsong *~

In the last chapter: Pauline Smith picked up the keyboard and pecked
out:
:: We pulled out some weed from out pond and realised it was full of
:: eggs, so we placed it in a bucket.
Gently return them to the pond or they will die. If they don't suffocate
they'll soon starve to death.
--
Carol.......
"Beat the 5 o'clock rush - leave work at noon."