Old 27-06-2003, 01:56 AM
Wayne

Default Two Questions.... Sorry If They've Been Asked Before

1st Question: I have a pre-formed 220 pond with Becket in-pond biofilter.
Today, when I was cleaning it out, I noticed a little, approximately 1.5
inch, critter swimming in the water inside my cleaning bucket. He had
undoubtedly come off of my plastic bio balls or the small rocks that I use
to anchor my pump. He looked like an eel swimming, with what looked like a
little head on one end. But then again, he could have passed for a small
(still only about 1.5 inches long and wormsize) water snake. I dipped him
out of the bucket with my tea strainer and when exposed to the air, he
started acting like a worm. Any ideas what he was and do I need to do
anything in particular?

2nd Question: I have some pickerel weed that produces the long, purple
bloom that is so pretty. When the purple has gone and the bloom appears to
be dead, do I need to cut that off?

I'm new at the ponding, 1st year with the pickerel weed, eels, etc. so
please help. Thanks in advance.