Old 27-06-2003, 05:08 AM
PlainBill

Default Bio-balls vrs Springflo vrs Bio-fill

I'm finding the media (floor scrubber pads) in my new filter isn't
working nearly as well as I hoped. Looking over the various types of
media, I've identified three products that seem to have the
characteristics I would like, and the costs seem to be roughly the
same. In each case, it would appear that it will cost $50-60 for
enough to give me sufficient surface area. (I don't have the tools to
make the PVC ribbon myself, or that would be the media of choice).

Springflo ribbon media and Bio-fill seem to be similar in concept, but
different materials (PVC vrs Polypropylene/calcium carbonate). It
would appear the big advantage of these is the ease of cleaning. I'm
a little concerned about their durability, however.

Bio-balls on the other hand would appear to be more likely to trap
solids, and I'm concerned about cleaning, as well as durability.

Does anyone have any suggestions on these, especially their
durability?

Thanks,

PlainBill