Old 27-06-2003, 05:56 AM
William

Default Moving outside question

I have 6 Phals and Paph. I have had them inside for a few years under a
wonderlite and they have always done beautifully. I use hydroculture on all
of them. I recently built a Koi pond outside and I live in NJ. The sunlight
is sunny shade and would be perfect for them around the rocks of the pond.
My question is if I move them outside would I have a real problem with bugs,
mites, and all those creepy crawlers getting into the plants? And what types
of measures should I take before moving them outside? They would all be so
beautiful outside and I think they would love the humidity by the pond
especially now in Jersey since it's been so hot and humid recently. Another
question is with the hydro am I going to have to run outside all the time
when it rains to bring them in because it will ruin the concentration of the
nutrient solution? I know it's a few questions in a post but I really didn't
feel like posting a few times )

Thanks,
Bill in N.J.