Old 27-06-2003, 06:30 AM

Default Yellow wax beans

On Thu, 26 Jun 2003 16:05:55 -0400, Pam wrote:

In our last fun filled episode, Thu, 26 Jun 2003 19:45:07 GMT,
proclaimed:

On Thu, 26 Jun 2003 02:15:41 GMT, wrote:

How do I freeze Y.W.B.s? Straight question; I've never
frozen fresh veggies from garden. Rush answer:
I'm about to do a major picking.

Thanks!

Could I piggy-back on P's question? I also have a lot of Yellow Wax
Beans and don't want to waste them, and have never frozen fresh
vegetables, whether from garden or from market. How?

http://eesc.orst.edu/agcomwebfile/edmat/PNW214.PDF

Google is your frieend...

Pam, it is in PDF format, which I'm coming to believe stands
for Pain in Da Freaking ass.

I could read it just fine. OK, that site answered two of my q's
about blanching in microwave, and storing in "film bags" which I guess
would include the Hefty freezer bags I mentioned.

I'll do some in film bags and some in canning jars,
as an experiment to see which works out best.

Thanks.

--

Persephone