Old 27-06-2003, 02:08 PM
Vox Humana

Default ID - weed or astillbe?

"Diane" wrote in message

If the above link is to the pictures of weeds in question, I don't think
they look anything like astillbe. Coincidentally, I am plagued with

this
same weed here (SW Ohio) and it is among a big patch of mature astilbe

that
are just starting to bloom. That weed has spread to the lawn and is
relentless. I have pulled and pulled and it still comes back. Preen
doesn't seem to prevent it.

It was only the pink spike that made me think of the astillbe. Oh
lovely, now I have this, creeping charlie and voilets competing for my
gardens?

I feel your pain. I have that weed, creeping Charlie, Virginia creeper,
violets, bind weed, wild onions, violets, wild ginger, and wild strawberries
all fighting it out. If only the deer, rabbits, and slugs would eat the
weeds instead of the perennials!