Old 27-06-2003, 04:20 PM

Default Yellow wax beans

On Fri, 27 Jun 2003 08:33:03 -0400, Pat Meadows
wrote:

On Thu, 26 Jun 2003 19:45:07 GMT,
wrote:

I consulted "Joy of Cooking" about blanching, etc.

Not clear on whether blanched Yellow Wax Beans, after being thoroughly
dried, can be put directly into, e.g. Hefty locking freezer bags.

Would much appreciate prompt reply, or referrrals elsewhere.

I dump the blanched vegetables out of the pot of boiling
water into a large bowl of ice water in the sink - to cool
them as quickly as possible. This is important.

Then I put them in a colander and shake them to drain out
most of the water (but I certainly don't dry them
thoroughly). Then I put them into freezer bags, label, and
put into the freezer.

That helps. I was visualizing myself patting each bean dry!

I gather that has given you OK results? No freezer burn?

Thanks for tip.

--

Polar