Old 27-06-2003, 07:19 PM
BenignVanilla

Default Grass border question

"Dan Dixon" wrote in message
Hello,

I have built a pond that has about a 5 foot long grass border on one side
(the rest is edged with stone). Although I sloped the liner under the sod
away from the pond, the very edge of the soil under the grass is slowly
eroding back from the pond edge, probably from all the heavy rains we've
gotten. I was trying to think of some way to line the edge of the sod in
order to retain the soil. I've seen plastic edgings for sale, but they

seem
pricey and I would prefer something more natural-looking...maybe cocoa
matting or some such, with bamboo skewers to hold it in place. The

thickness
of the edge is about 3 or 4 inches.

I used very small pieces of thin slate/bluestone where mud was leaching in.
Some of it is still there, and just barely sticks out of the grass which I
have let over grow the pond. In other areas, the grass roots are so thick
the mud no longer leaches into the pond.

BV.