Old 27-06-2003, 07:20 PM
Salty Thumb

Default Vinegar/water weed killing solution? Yes!

Salty Thumb wrote in
:

I don't know what the "correct" concentration is, but you might want
to start with 1 tablespoon vinegar to 1 quart water. (I could be way
off).

Use more or less depending on how dilute your vinegar is to start
with.

The idea is to make your own mini-acid rain storm, vinegar being
acetic acid. I also don't know if this will kill your weeds, but
having used this method, I know it sure will make them turn brown fast
on a hot day.

-- Salty

P.S. If you have hard water or even regular municipal water that is usually
slightly basic, use more vinegar or substitute rain water when diluting the
vinegar.