Old 27-06-2003, 08:56 PM
Unique Too

Default Problems in the garden

In article , Cass
writes:

I have leopard-spotting on the canes of one rose, a huge climber, and I
think it's going to kill it eventually. I can't tell if your rose has
the same thing. Mine suffers stem dieback too, turning yellow first
instead of the customary black. Fungicide has not helped.

That was my first thought also. But I was hoping it wasn't, whatever it is is
bad. I've had the same problem on several roses, a couple are on their last
cane. Belinda's Dream seems to be overcoming the problem. I still loose a
cane or two, but she makes enough new ones to make up for them.
Dave is there any yellow on those canes? Mine develop the purplish spots, turn
yellow, and then die.
I'll make another post about a theory I have and see if I get any response.