Old 06-03-2003, 05:03 AM
B & J

Default fuchsias

"Roberta L. Mueller" wrote in message
Hi, everyone.

I just found this newsgroup, looking for a solution for my fuchsias. I

live
in the Northwest US and we had hardly any winter this year. Some of my
hanging basket fuchsias are still blooming from last summer. Should I cut
them way back or leave them alone?

Bobbie

Fuchsias respond well to being cut back, but it works even better if you
knock the plants out of their pots after pruning and really pull the roots
apart, discarding much of the dirt and root bound areas, and repot in new,
high humus potting mix. Taking cuttings is an alternative. Newly started
plants from cuttings seem to grow and flower better than old plants.

John