Old 06-03-2003, 05:03 AM
B & J

Default fuchsias

"Roberta L. Mueller" wrote in message
Hi, everyone.

I just found this newsgroup, looking for a solution for my fuchsias. I

live
in the Northwest US and we had hardly any winter this year. Some of my
hanging basket fuchsias are still blooming from last summer. Should I cut
them way back or leave them alone?

Bobbie

Fuchsias respond well to being cut back, but it works even better if you
knock the plants out of their pots after pruning and really pull the roots
apart, discarding much of the dirt and root bound areas, and repot in new,
high humus potting mix. Taking cuttings is an alternative. Newly started
plants from cuttings seem to grow and flower better than old plants.

John

Old 08-03-2003, 06:08 AM
Roberta L. Mueller

Hi, Mike and B&J,
I wasn't fertilizing them at all, hardly even watering them. Gosh, I didn't
even think about the forced rest, but I think they've been resting anyway
somewhat. I'm going to do what you and B & J suggest, cut them back, put
them in new soil, and just tell them winter is short this year.
Thanks,
Bobbie

"Mike Gilmore" wrote in
message ...
Roberta,
If you have been feeding your plants a weak solution and often through

your

[IMG] code is On

HELP! My fuchsias Bjazz68 United Kingdom 1 10-06-2004 04:01 PM
Rusty Fuchsias DavidS United Kingdom 5 11-02-2004 10:17 AM
Rusty Fuchsias DavidS United Kingdom 0 10-02-2004 01:38 AM
Fuchsias? Kostas Kavoussanakis United Kingdom 4 16-06-2003 07:21 PM
Miiserable fuchsias in pots pbaitch United Kingdom 2 10-11-2002 12:03 AM