Old 28-06-2003, 02:56 AM
RichToyBox

Default Pond Shade

I have never done anything to shade my ponds. Both are in full sun. The
fish get shaded by hula hoops of lettuce or hyacinths, and lily pads. The
temperature of an in ground pond should stay cooler than the average of high
and low for the day, due to evaporative cooling and the great big heat sink
called earth. I think my ponds will warm into the low eighties about
August. Above ground ponds don't have the big heat sink, and may get
radiational heating by direct solar exposure, making them warmer than the
average high and low.
--
RichToyBox

"Jeff & Kathy Brown" wrote in message
We just got done building a new pond at our new house. This is our fourth
pond that we've built and this is the first pond that has been in full

sun.

Ok, what do you sun pond people do to shade the pond in order to keep the
water temp from skyrocketing? I am open to anyone who has ideas to help

my
water temp from getting out of hand. Thanks.
Kathy Brown