Old 28-06-2003, 03:56 AM
Hank Pagel

Default Pump to prime siphon hose

They are available at home centers also. The quality is not the
greatest but I used one to empty 300 gal. of heating oil from a
friends in ground oil tank into drums and then into my tank. 300 gal.
of heating oil for $7.66 ............. I figured it didn't owe me
anything when I threw it out. (the rubber impeller was softened by the
fuel and the next time I went to use it it had seized. I don't think
water would have done that.
"zookeeper" wrote in message
Hank Pagel wrote:
Small drill pump w/hose fittings. Catalog page #275
http://www.mcmaster.com/

Wow, Hank, I just got around to looking this one up. Can't believe
it's
only $7.66!! Might be a good thing to have around for those small
siphoning jobs where I don't want to haul out the python or shop vac.
--
Kathy B
3500gal pond, 13 pond piggies