Old 28-06-2003, 05:20 AM
Gail Futoran

Default Pond Shade

"Jeff & Kathy Brown" wrote in
message ...
We just got done building a new pond at our new house.

This is our fourth
pond that we've built and this is the first pond that has

been in full sun.

Ok, what do you sun pond people do to shade the pond in

order to keep the
water temp from skyrocketing? I am open to anyone who has

ideas to help my
water temp from getting out of hand. Thanks.
Kathy Brown

DH built frames out of wood trellises and we
stapled or wired shade fabric over it to provide
direct sun in the morning, and shade the rest of
the day. That's for our two above-ground
(stock tank) ponds.

The in-ground pond just got its very own
canopy which encourages sitting under and
watching the zillion tadpoles & (considerably
fewer) minows. Again, morning sun is
allowed.

Plant growth is great in all three ponds.

Gail
San Antonio TX