Old 28-06-2003, 01:20 PM
Billy M. Rhodes

Default [IBC] Growing suggestions

In a message dated 6/28/2003 2:31:03 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
writes:

I want to plant some of the trees I've got so I can grow them up and get
some nice trunk action happening. I'm hesitant to plant trees in the ground
here - I get a few visiting cats and dogs on occasions and am afraid they
will damage them. I thought instead of making up a few growing boxes, or at
least getting some really big pots (12 - 18" diameter ones) to do this. Any
suggestions on what is the best way to go? Also what about depth? 6" seems
to be ok to me, but I really have no basis for this opinion. I look forward
to your replies, thanks again one and all.

This is going to depend upon the species you want to try. First, cats
and dogs are probably not going to bother trees that much and if they do you
may get some character from the damage.
As far as pots are concerned I do two things. I have some 12 inch
bulb pans that are six inches deep and I have some large clay pots that are as
much as 24 by 24.
Billy on the Florida Space Coast

-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:
http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ --