Old 28-06-2003, 02:20 PM
Bonnie Espenshade

Default Scarecrow issues

Sue Alexandre wrote:
Post-it notes, huh? Hmmmmm, that has possibilities. Since I'm still new
to the scarecrow, I get my obligatory "spraying" and heart jumpstart each
time I go out to the pond. It still gives me a good laugh, but
unfortunately I leave the office each day to go home for lunch, and I went
back to the office today with much straighter (and wetter!) hair than I left
with!

Two issues I have with the scarecrow...maybe some of you long-time users
have suggestions? First one is that I find the scarecrow actually shifts
backwards each time it goes off from the pressure of the water. This causes
the stream of water to spray up HIGHER than I'd like, and it also keeps
loosening the earth around the stake from all the shifting of the post.
Second thing is I'd like the stake to be longer so I could stick it into the
ground deeper yet still have enough height on the scarecrow to monitor and
spray OVER my rock border. If I shove the stake deeply into the ground, the
head of the scarecrow barely peeks out over the rocks. Maybe I'll go see if
the manufacturer sells extension stakes.
Sue

My DH has already spoke of lengthening the spike. He
suggested a
piece of 2 x 4 and duck tape. Hopefully, he'll come up
with a better solution ;-)
--
Bonnie
NJ