Old 28-06-2003, 04:20 PM
JohnDKestell

Default Tomato wine

My mead was terrible too. Really hot and sharp, with this wicked yeast bite to
it. I just felt really bad about all the money that I spent on honey and herbs
and fruit. (like 40 bucks for materials alone). and being from wisconsin,
you NEVER flush it down the drain. So I gave up, threw them (in 1 liter EZ-Cap
bottles) in the closet (I think in the dark/cool is important) and about 1.5
years later, when packing up for a move, re discovered it. And by then,
crystal clear, dry, wonderful mead!

I used champagne yeast too. And had about 3 pints before i thought "boy, i'm
pretty dizzy, maybe I should check the booze content" and it came out to like
12%!

the recipe is pretty good, i'll send it or post it if you like

later
john